Home > News & Events
We have a new website! Stay connected with Brown's Asian/Asian American Community by getting the latest news, invitations to special events, and much more by clicking here.
Asian/Asian American Alumni Alliance (A4) Award
The Asian/Asian American Alumni Alliance (A4) invites you to nominate a graduating senior who has made significant contributions to the quality of life for Asian/Asian American Brown students and/or to the development of the Asian/Asian American community at Brown.
Nominations for the A4 Community Contribution Award are due Saturday, April 6, 2013. Submit your nominations online at:
Questions can be addressed to Tho Phan ´11 (email@example.com).
Sponsored by A4, the Brown Alumni Association's Multicultural Alumni Committee (MAC), & Alumni Relations.
Awardee(s) will be recognized at the Leadership Recognition Ceremony and Reception on Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 4-5:30 pm and at the A4 Commencement Festival on Saturday, May 25, 2013, 4-6 pm.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
* Evidence of participation in activities that significantly contributed to the quality of life for Asian/Asian American students and/or the development of the Asian/Asian American community at Brown.
NOMINATIONS SHOULD COVER THE FOLLOWING:
* Describe how the candidate meets the above criteria. The online form requires that you include your name, contact information, your relationship to the nominee, and a description of relevant extracurricular activities.
A committee comprised of A4 members will select award recipient(s).
The purpose of the Asian/Asian American Alumni Alliance (A4) at Brown is:
• To encourage and facilitate positive experiences and engagement with Brown University.
• To act as a conduit and facilitator to adequately address the needs of the Brown Asian/Asian American community.
• To build partnerships with members of the greater Brown community.
We encourage award recipients to continue their support of Brown through involvement in A4 or other alumni activities.
Eleventh Annual Asian/Asian American Alumni Alliance (A4)
A4 will recognize members of the Class of 2013 and their families with an afternoon of hospitality and entertainment. Stop by and visit, watch performances by student groups, and enjoy light refreshments. Congratulate this year’s recipients of the A4 Community Service Award. Students, alumni, community members, family and friends are welcome. This is a great opportunity to catch up with old friends, and help celebrate the accomplishments of Brown’s diverse community!
Stephen Robert ’62 Campus Center, Kasper Multipurpose Room (Formerly the P.O., Faunce House)
A4 Needs You!
There are a lot of ways you can participant as an alumni. You can be a cool mentor to undergrads, participate in on-campus panels, write for our nifty newsletter, or organize fabulous events. Come find out more!