Reunion: Helpful Information
See also the FAQ page for the answers to many common questions.
- Maddock Alumni Center
- Weather and weekend attire
- Emergency medical services
- Public Safety emergency services
- Special accommodations
- Dining options
- Wireless internet access
- Brown Bookstore
- Lost and found
- AA/Al-Anon meetings
- Religious services
- Reunion student staff
The Maddock Alumni Center at 38 Brown Street (corner of George and Brown streets) is your official hospitality center for Reunion Weekend. Reunion student staff will be available throughout the weekend to offer assistance with event locations, directions on campus and in Providence, and any questions you may have concerning Reunion Weekend.
Friday and Saturday: 8:30 am - midnight
Sunday: 7:30 am - 2:00 pm
In Rhode Island, temperatures on Memorial Day weekend have been as high as 90 or as low as 50 and rain is always a possibility. We strongly advise you to bring an umbrella and suitable clothing for variable weather. Please keep in mind that many reunion and class events are outdoors and cannot be moved inside due to the large number of returning alumni and guests.
Most events during Reunion Weekend are casual. Campus Dance attire is a personal choice ranging from gowns and tuxedos to jeans and Bermuda shorts. Evening events can be dressier depending on the type of event your class has chosen; class dinners are typically business attire. Many alumni and guests enjoy the opportunity to walk around campus, so comfortable shoes are recommended. Please note that walking conditions around campus and under tents can be uneven and damp; appropriate footwear is recommended.
For emergencies or urgent medical care, call 401 863-4111 (3-4111 from a campus phone, indicated around campus by blue lights; you may also choose to use the red emergency button at these phones). During major campus functions throughout the weekend, a first aid station for minor problems will be located in the Stephen Robert ’62 Campus Center. Any uniformed police officer, security officer, or emergency medical technician can assist you in obtaining care.
Health Services is open Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm; Saturday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm; and Sunday, 9:00 am – noon. Health Services can be reached at 401-863-3953. Emergency Medical Services are available 24/7 by calling 401-863-4111.
The Brown University Department of Public Safety (DPS) dispatch emergency police, fire and medical personnel in response to emergency reports. Call 401 863-4111 or activate the red emergency button on the Blue Light Campus Phones (indicated by blue lights) to obtain help in any emergency in the Brown community. To report a non-emergency, or to seek other assistance from the Brown University police, call 401 863-3322 (extension 3-3322 from any University phone).
To ease your travel back to Brown, the University has made available additional parking spaces on campus.
- Reunion attendees who have a handicapped license hang tag/plate registration qualify for handicapped parking, and special arrangements can be made for drop-off service for those needing close access. To determine your requirements and make the necessary arrangements, submit your request for a handicapped parking permit online or contact Transportation and Parking Services at 401 863-3157.
- Wheelchairs are available, in a limited number, for rent at Maddock Alumni Center, 38 Brown Street. Arrangements for rentals can be made in advance by calling Reunion Headquarters at 401 863-7783.
- The Student & Employee Accessibility Services (SEAS) Shuttle provides rides on request to locations throughout the campus for people with disabilities or medical conditions.
- Technical assistance is available for the hearing impaired. Please contact Reunion Headquarters (401 863-7783).
- Dietary needs and the names of the catered events you will be attending must be emailed to the Reunion Headquarters at email@example.com. Brown University Catering and local caterers will make every effort to meet special dietary needs.
Restrooms are located in the Stephen Robert ’62 Campus Center (Faunce House), Sayles Hall and Salomon Center. During Campus Dance, many portable restrooms are available on the front green, College Green, and Simmons Quad. (Note: the Stephen Robert ’62 Campus Center, Sayles Hall and Salomon Center restrooms are closed during Campus Dance.) On Sunday only, in addition to these buildings on the College Green, there will be trailer restrooms on George Street between Brown and Magee streets.
In addition to scheduled reunion meals, including Sunday’s Grab ’n’ Go Lunch and your class meals, several campus eateries and markets will be open. (Check back soon for more information.)
Alumni, parents, families, and friends are welcome to log onto Brown’s visitor network. Wireless is available in all residence halls, or on the College Green, and in many classrooms. To access service: From your list of available networks, choose Brown-Guest and provide your email address.
Questions? The Brown Computing Help Desk is available on Friday, May 27 from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm at 401 863-HELP (4357).
While in Providence, be sure to stop by the Brown University Bookstore and Campus Shop, the official store for Brown clothing, souvenirs, and gifts. Located at the corner of Thayer and Angell Streets, the Bookstore carries clothing from vendors such as Ralph Lauren, Under Armour, Brooks Brothers, Drake's of London, Columbia, and many more. Special author book signings and events will take place during the weekend. For more information, call 401-863-3168.
Brown Bookstore Hours
Friday: 7:30 am – 8:00 pm; Saturday: 8:00 am – 9:00 pm; Sunday: 8:00 am – 7:00 pm; Monday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Brown’s Department of Public Safety coordinates the lost and found desk. If you find an item, bring it to the Department of Public Safety headquarters, 75 Charlesfield Street. Call 401 863-1663 regarding any lost items.
Alcoholics Anonymous and Al-Anon meetings, which are open to the public, take place on Saturday, May 28 at 10:30 am - noon, in the Salomon Center for Teaching, Room 203.
Friday, May 27
- 1:00 pm — Jumu'ah Prayers, Brown Muslim Students' Center, Morriss-Champlin Hall
- 6:15 pm — Shabbat Evening Services – Welcome Shabbat with multiple student-led service options, Brown/RISD Hillel, 80 Brown Street
Saturday, May 28
- 9:00 am — Alumni All-Class Memorial Service, Sayles Hall
- 10:30 am — Shabbat Morning Service, Egalitarian, Brown/RISD Hillel, 80 Brown Street
- 2:30 pm — Baccalaureate Service, First Baptist Meeting House, videocast to the College Green, Salomon
Sunday, May 29
- 8:00 am — Roman Catholic Mass, Sayles Hall
Over 100 Brown students will work during Reunion Weekend to ensure that your time on campus runs smoothly. Student staffers, identified by their red visors and nametags, have duties ranging from carrying your luggage to greeting you at registration and assisting with your class events. You will find gratuity envelopes in your packets when you arrive on campus for your use in supporting the Reunion student staff working their way through Brown.
May 9: Deadline
May 10–19: $25 late fee
After May 19 (5 pm ET): Additional $60 on-site surcharge; class meal tickets are limited and cannot be guaranteed.
May 9: Deadline (Reservations must be made with Res. Life)