You’ve graduated...but your Brown experience continues.
Make the most of your lifelong connection to Brown!
1. Keep your email and snail mail updated to get the latest on:
- Alumni events near you
- New services, like monthly career webinars
- News from Brown and beyond. With the monthly Brown Insider e-newsletter and the Brown Alumni Magazine, you’ll hear about important stuff when it happens and about what other interesting alumni are doing.
Get all of this automatically* if your online profile has your updated email and snail-mail addresses.
*You’re always in control of what you receive. If you don’t want a particular type of email, you can use your profile’s e-news preferences to unsubscribe.
2. Stay in touch online.
Use your Banner ID** to register for Brown Alumni Online, the password-protected portion of the BAA’s website. Join over 50,000 registered alumni who currently use these online services:
- BRUnet, Brown’s career network, with more than 5,500 alumni sharing their expertise
- Easy updates to your contact information and personal profile
- A searchable alumni directory – including links to profiles on other sites like Facebook (starting in early August).
- Find upcoming alumni events
- Find your nearest Brown Club
- Reconnect with classmates
- Based on your interests, connect with fellow alumni on Facebook or LinkedIn
- Brown library journal access (starting in early August) and borrowing privileges
**Except for IE-Brown alumni, who should call the Alumni Help Desk directly at 401-863-9662 (weekdays from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm) for registration assistance.
3. Take advantage of your lifetime Brown email account.
4. Access career resources and make connections.
- Find job leads using the Brown Alumni Job board.
- Get networking tips and access our 5,500+ member career network (BRUnet).
- Learn by watching career webinars.
- Connect with career coaches.
- Hone your interviewing skills with InterviewStream.
5. Discover alumni savings and benefits.
- Insurance (health, auto, renters, pet, etc.)
- BAA credit card, checking account / debit card
- Brown-branded gifts
- Alumni Brick Walkway
6. Come back!
- Meet up with friends at the next Campus Dance.
- Undergrad alumni, join your Brown community on campus every five years for Reunions.
- Visiting campus? Traveling to Providence? Come to the Maddock Alumni Center, home of the Brown Alumni Association (BAA) and the Alumni Relations staff, for info on campus events, new restaurants, or to relax during down time.
7. Get involved.
Every year, over 10,000 alumni volunteer through BAA programs, helping both Brown and its future students. Join the fun!
- Help organize a gathering for your Brown club, class or affinity group
- Recruit and interview applicants to Brown wherever you live
- Provide career advice to the grads who will follow you
And don’t forget to give back through the Brown Annual Fund to help the next generation of Brunonians.
8. Keep learning.
Back to Class with Brown Faculty programs in cities around the world take you back into the classroom with active scholars and fascinating topics. Enjoy the exchange of ideas with faculty and fellow alumni.
Want to Know More?
Contact us by email or phone (401-863-3307).
Brown alumni are among the most enthusiastic in the world in their love of the University and their interest in all its affairs. I invite you to call, email, or visit the Maddock Alumni Center (38 Brown Street) to find out what you can do for Brown, and what Brown can do for you.
With best wishes,
Todd Andrews ’83